Thursday, August 14, 2008

TURNING 49!!

So this past Monday, I turned 49, it's hard to believe they have let me live this long! One more and I will be a half a century, it's hard to believe that I am actually 49 years old. You know that you are getting older when the age of people that you used to identify with are all kids, and the people that you can relate to the most are the ones you once thought of as old. My brother in law had an uncle named Adam who used to say, "The old man I used to talk about, is me!" Sometimes that's the way I feel.
But, when I take a look at my life, I realize that I haven't lived very long at all. 49 isn't old, it's young and I have a lot more livin' to do.
When was the last time you took stock in your life? I have a wonderful wife, great kids (all 4 of them), 2 awesome grandkids and 1 almost here. I love what I do, I have a great church ... life is good. I am a Thankful Man.
What about you? When was the last time you took stock in your life? Do you look at the good in your life or just the bad? Do you look at what you have or just what you want? We need to learn to be more thankful in our lives.
Take time to tell God Thank You today, tomorrow and every day.
Then maybe they will let you be as old or young as I am. Just remember 49 isn't old ... if you are a tree.
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."
Phil 4:8 (NIV)

No comments: