Tuesday, September 16, 2008

THE WEEKEND

This past weekend was tough, but it was also good. I received word on Friday morning that my Uncle Wayne had passed away, he was my dad's older brother. He passed away 11 months after my dad, Wayne was the one that made everyone laugh, you never knew what he was going to say, kind of like most Wilson's, with Wayne you never knew if what he was going to say was clean or not, but you knew it was going to be funny. When I was in high school we lived in Center Colorado as did Bettye and Wayne so I got to spend a lot of time with them. And now I have had the honor to preach both of their funerals. It was a tough thing to do and I was emotionally spent Saturday night after it was all over with.
But the good part of it is that I got to see a lot of the family, that is always good.
On Sunday we had Desert Reign here for Sunday morning worship and we had a free concert and free food and had over 150 people there. It was a good outreach and we are going to make it an annual event.
So by Sunday night I was also physically spent, and here we go with another week. Each week has it's own challenges and with God's help (and I must have His help) I will face it.

1 comment:

willow said...

Randy, you are always in our prayers and I'm sure you know I mean: myself, Donny and all of our friends and some family members too.
This weekend was a blessing and very inspiring, any that missed it really did miss a spirit filled time.