Thursday, June 25, 2009

PROSTATE CANCER

Well it's official, we are now a two cancer couple. Becky with her Mycosis Fungoides and now I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer. 3 of the 6 biopsies on the left side came back malignant, the left side was also the one that was kind of hard and was also dark. So it all makes since, don't like it, but it all adds up.
So tomorrow, Friday, we will be in Amarillo and we will go see Dr. Pate along with the 3 doctors Becky has to see. It will be a busy day, but......

I am here at the church working alone, which is good. Everyone wants to know how I am doing, I'm alright. I was kind of prepared for it, knowing the color and hardness of it. God knows what He is doing, He is just giving us more opportunities for ministry. Just look at the people we can relate to now that we couldn't before.

Anyway, it'll all be good. Just remember
OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD.
HE REIGNS FROM HEAVEN ABOVE.
WITH WISDOM, POW’R AND LOVE, OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD.


When the music fades, all is stripped away and I simply come.
Longing just to bring something that’s of worth that will bless your heart.
I’ll bring you more than a song, for a song in itself is not what you have required.
You search much deeper within through the way things appear.
You’re looking into my heart.

I’m coming back to the heart of worship and it’s all about you,
all about you, Jesus.
I’m sorry Lord for the thing I’ve made it.
When it’s all about you, all about you, Jesus.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Our prayers are with you and Becky. May the Doctors have wisdom to heal you. May the Lord shine His love to guide you and keep you strong in this process.

We love you all,

Mike, Tammy, D'Nae, Rhaeden and Maegen

Stephanie Harbin said...

I want to say something really positive and uplifting, but I find myself feeling bumbed out like Amy said in her blog. God is at work and it is about Him and for His glory. Doesn't matter if we agree or not. My prayers are with you and your family.