Thursday, February 17, 2011

PERSONAL TESTIMONY

So, at church I have challenged everyone to write their personal testimony out, it's not as easy as you may think. Before I went to Belize in 2007 I had to write out my personal testimony, only it had to be a certain length, because it was published in pamphlets that we used and handed out. I remember how I struggled with mine, there were a lot of details that I wanted to go into but didn't have the space, also I had to have all of the information about myself so that people in another country could understand who I was and where I was from. But it also had to be simple so that it would not confuse anyone. I added some scriptures on salvation so that if someone found on of the pamphlets they could find Christ through what I wrote.
Tommy Duffield started this by challenging the youth to write theirs, I took his idea a step further and challenged the whole church. Many people at Carey Baptist have stepped up to the challenge. Could you?
Here is my personal testimony....

Hello, my name is Randy Wilson; I am from Childress, Texas in the USA. You have most likely never heard of Childress Texas before and just so you know it is a long way from any large city that you might have heard of.
I am happy to be a guest in your beautiful country. We have come here to tell about Jesus, God’s only Son.
Before I trusted in Jesus I lived life as any other kid my age. My family always went to church; my mother took us to church and made sure that we were there. I wasn’t a bad person, I never did anything that would be considered bad, I was basically a good kid.
When I was a young teenager I went to church camp, church camp is a week long and young people go with their church and learn about Jesus. They will have music for the youth and speakers that know how to talk to them. I had been feeling that something just wasn’t right, and while I was at this youth camp and the preacher was speaking, I realized that I was lost and going to Hell. I knew that Hell was a lake of fire and I also knew that I didn’t want to go there. I knew that sin was anything displeasing to God, and I also knew that I had sin in my heart. I realized that night that just because my mother was going to heaven, that didn’t mean I was. Romans 3:23 says “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” I knew that night that I had fallen short.
Romans 6:23 says “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” I knew that I wanted that free gift that gives eternal life. Through the prompting of the Holy Spirit I went forward that night and asked Jesus into my heart. I asked Him to forgive me for all of the wrong that I had done. Romans 10:9 says “That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”
Being a Christian and living for Jesus means more to me than anything in life, it means more to me than life itself.
I would like to ask you to accept this free gift today.

Well, what do you think? Let me hear from you.

1 comment:

Stephanie Harbin said...

Awesome. Short. Sweet. To the point. Very Evangelistic.