Tuesday, May 20, 2008

NOT SO DANDELION!

I mowed my yard yesterday morning, three hours of hard work, looked back at my handiwork and was well pleased with the results. Took a shower, was leaving for some home visits and looked and saw a dandelion waving his long arm at me. It was as if it was saying "mow me if you want to but I grow back real fast." I left it because without the right spray it is pointless to go and break it off again, now if I was to dig it up.......
All too often our lives are like a yard, it can be really beautiful to look at, maybe even win the yard of the week award, but a fresh cut yard can hide a lot of weeds. Like my dandelion, it was there before I mowed, it was there after I mowed, it couldn't be seen at least not until it started waving hello.
In our own lives we try to hide our sin, but unless we let Jesus remove it it will resurface and mess everything up. Numbers 32:23 says, "be sure your sin will catch up with you." (HCSB) What think we have hidden, all too often others see all too well. Don't carry unconfessed sin in your life, it will pull you down, it will destroy you, and it's never as hidden as you think. God always knows!

2 comments:

willow said...

your right, dandelions aren't so dandy and the connection you made to it and sin is surely a good one... i'm so thankful our Lord allows us to do weeding!

i really like the new look of your blog, good job!

Tammy said...

It has been nice to "catch up" with your family. I have been reading Jodi's and Amy's blogs also. Sounds like they are extremely busy and have their hands full as well. Keep the posts coming !! Can't wait to see how many other "Wilson's" will be blogging !!

Take Care,
Tammy Johnson Bland