Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Uncle's


I got to visit with my two uncles who are still alive on my dad's side today, Joe and Wayne. Both of these men are older than my dad, both are alive and my dad isn't. Seeing them and talking to them reminded me of how much I miss my dad, my dad passed away in October of 07. He began smoking when he was 16, my uncle's never did, they are getting up there in years and showing it, but they are alive. Daddy was only 76 when he passed away after being on hospice for 3 years. We watched him die a slow death, watched him go from being a hardworking man who could do anything, a man who was one of the best cowboys I have ever known or seen, a man who could fix anything, a man who could drive trucks, tractors, heavy equipment, a man who loved to spend time with his kids and grandkids and great-grandkids, to a man who spent his last months in a hospital bed at the nursing home.



I sound like I'm rambling on and on. But seeing my uncle's today just brought out a longing for my dad. I miss you daddy.

Leon & Winna Wilson

(my parents)


My brother's, sister's and parents.

from l to r

Jan, Van, me, Dan & Ann, and my parents.

Family is a good thing, I thank God that I am one of 5 kids, and I thank Him for the family my wife and I have.

Let me know about your family.

2 comments:

willow said...

your family sure looks happy in the picture.

i come from a very large family. there are 18 of us. my Dad has also passed and even after 29 years, i still think of him often.
he was a big man and commanded not only his troops but us too. he held many jobs as your Dad did to help make ends meet. he was a good man.

Randy Wilson said...

Thanks Willow, people often talk about how big my family is, but yours is much larger. There is something to be said for having brothers and sisters around.
God bless you.