Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Oh my aching back

Have you ever had a hurt back? I broke mine about 18 years ago, my back and my hip, and ever since then I can hurt my back for no apparent reason. Take last night for example, I turned over in bed and I felt my back pull wrong. And now today my back hurts, not enough to stop me, just enough to remind me that it hurts. Of course it doesn't help that I don't weigh what I should, I'm a few pounds over weight, OK, a lot of pounds over weight. Maybe I should start running with my son-in-law, no that wouldn't work, he would run off and leave me and I would be left throwing rocks at him, or worse, passed out in the street with some dog biting me. I guess I need to be more diligent about going to the gym.
I have heard that you can eat to lose weight, I eat to lose weight but it always seem to find me. I have also heard to stop drinking soft drinks and you will lose weight, I stopped drinking soft drinks, no weight loss. Maybe if I stop eating chips and bread and potatoes and meat and carrots and peas and beans and food???
Anyway, I used to be thin, at least thinner, a lot thinner than now, but that was before I broke my back and hip. Let's see, can you help me think up a few more excuses. I think that it is really up to me to lose the weight that I want to lose. You know, "If it's to be, it's up to me!"
Anyway, think thin, think thin, think thin....where's the ice cream?

2 comments:

sissy9181 said...

I really like what you are doing here. It's nice see what goes on in your mind and that you are experiencing some of the things I am. ie. weight control (summer's coming up you know) and deadlines. I've started school for my real estate license and I have until November to complete my schooling, take my state board and get rolling. Well gotta go. Is late and Sean is asleep now, can finally put him in bed. God Bless. Carla Murphy

The Wilsons said...

This post really made me laugh Randy. And its kinda embarrassing to laugh out loud when you are all by yourself. :) Miss ya'll! Oh, and thanks for changing the picture. This one is much better of Jody and me! :)