Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Theory of Knowledge

So my wife's niece sent me a request, she is in this philosophy class and needed a theologian to answer some questions, and she must not know any real ones, so she called on me. (Ha ha, I sure she knows many more qualified than myself)
Anyway here is the e-mail she sent me and the questions;


This is Lauren and I was wondering if I could use you as a human resource for my Theory of Knowledge class. It’s a philosophy class and I figured that a theologian like yourself could help me. If you could answer a few questions in the most professional and philosophical way, I would very much appreciate it.

1. When should we trust our senses to give us truth?
2. “Seek simplicity and distrust it” (Alfred North Whitehead). Is this always good advice for a knower?
3. “There can be no knowledge without emotion…until we have felt the force of the knowledge, it is not ours” (adapted from Arnold Bennett). Discuss this vision of the relationship between knowledge and emotion.




So how would you answer these???

I will give you the answers I sent her in a few days.


She also said in her e-mail;

p.s- Its sort of due…this Tuesday…haha
(This was Monday evening)


By the way, just so you know, I love Lauren and I would have stayed up all night to help her, as it turned out I didn't need to, and this was fun and it was an honor to be asked by her. Maybe seminary is paying off. Let me hear from you.

No comments: