Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Grandkids and Life

My daughter is 17 weeks along with her first, she sends out weekly updates on the development of her child. The updates let us know what is developing on her baby at this time, by the way it is about the weight of a turnip. I love being a dad, I loved raising our children, being involved in every area of their lives. Everything from baseball to raising pigs, from music to learning how to ride horses, from learning about God to a personal relationship with Jesus, from birth to death, I love being a dad. But, being a grandad is even better, things bother me less as a grandfather, or should I say Papaw. I think that I was more concerned with what other people thought when we were raising out kids, now I don't care. I am more concerned with just loving and enjoying them, spoiling them and sending them home, mom and dad get to worry about the rest. Being grandparents is a real blast, and I know that my wife and I, Mamaw and Papaw, have the best grandkids in the world. That's why they are called GRANDkids.

1 comment:

The Wilsons said...

You are a wonderful Papa!!! Thanks for being such a great grandfather! I am so blessed with you and Becky. But one question...Will you change that horrible picture of me and Jody???? Pregnant pictures are never fun to remember! :)